Electrical Troubleshooting & Repair
Electrical problems in your home can be inconvenient, stressful and potentially dangerous. Our electricians are extensively trained to troubleshoot and solve all electrical problems in a methodical manner and we guarantee all our repairs for a full three years!
Professional Electrical Troubleshooting Should Be Sought When:
- A breaker or fuse repeatedly trips
- Parts of your home are experiencing intermittent brightening and dimming of the lighting
- Your electrical panel is making a buzzing sound and is warm to the touch or smells like burned plastic -see 24/7 Electrical Emergency Services
- Someone gets a shock off an appliance, switch or receptacle
- Power is interrupted to a circuit (multiple receptacles/switches)
- Power is interrupted to a single receptacle (kitchen, workshop, pumps)
- A switch does not appear to control any electrical device, or controls a device improperly
Proper troubleshooting will verify all four components of an electrical system:
- Power supply - the power provided from the utility company
- Panel and Breakers
- Branch circuits (general wiring in the home)
- The electrical devices that transfers the power from the wires to the equipment or appliance
The Shock Doctors specialize in residential wiring. We make sure that when a repair is completed, all four components of the electrical circuit are independently verified.
We guarantee that your electrical issue will be resolved and all of our repairs carry a full three year warranty on both materials and labour.