Generac Standby Generators
When you decide to purchase a generator for your home, you want a generator that is guaranteed to start every time the power goes out. The Shock Doctors are proud to offer the Generac line of Standby Generators.
Our Electricians are Generac factory-trained and certified to provide our clients with experienced, meticulous installations and maintenance for their backup power throughout Simcoe County and surrounding areas.
Unpredictable weather causes us to lose power to our homes with increasing frequency, and while we tolerate the occasional short power interruption, there are times where uninterrupted power is essential.
Some Examples of Essential Electrical equipment in your home:
- Electric heating system – furnace or baseboard heaters
- Hot water tank
- Sump pump / water pump
- Security system
- Air conditioner
- Home office equipment
- General lighting and receptacles
When choosing back-up power for your home, the two most important considerations are reliability and sizing.
Standby Generators Reliability:
The Shock Doctors offer Generac exclusively, for these reasons:
- Clean power: Household power in a modern home must be stable and clean because of the equipment that relies on electronic components.
- Purpose designed engine: Generac’s engine is specifically designed for generator use, providing the reliability to power through the most severe outages. Generac created the home backup generator category, and these generators remain at the top of their class.
- Exceptional technician training: With intensive, onsite factory training for our technicians and exceptional technical support we are confident that Generac is the best choice for home back up power.
You can expect to get many years of reliable backup power from a properly maintained Generac generator.
Standby Generator Sizing:
Proper sizing is critical when purchasing a generator to meet your needs. Generac generators have sizes that range from 10 KW to 80 KW for residential applications. Our electricians will work with you to understand your home’s electrical requirements and offer knowledgeable advice and options to ensure that the generator matches your needs.
The size of your generator will be different depending on the level of back-up power you require:
- Essential circuit coverage – the generator runs a predetermined number of circuits that the home owner identifies as essential. The choices are limited by the size of the generator.
- Managed load power – You can get more coverage with less generator with the addition of a Generac load-shedding module. Non-essential circuits are shed when the generator approaches maximum capacity. They are cycled back on when essential circuits no longer require power, so all circuits receive power at different times.
- Complete whole home power – Easily cover every circuit in your home. No circuit is ever left uncovered, so every appliance is available every minute.
Reliable Generac® Standby Generator Service Technicians
Factory-training at Generac
To ensure that our clients have reliable service for their Generac Standby Generators after the initial installation, our electricians are factory-trained and certified by Generac for air-cooled auto start generators.